It’s been a busy month for the Unpacking team – we’re making steady progress on the game and getting closer and closer to when we’ll finally be able to announce a release date… but today is not that day! Instead, here’s a small dev log on what we’ve been up to.
Nintendo Switch progress
- Added touch controls for the Switch (and any PCs with touch capabilities)!
- Saving implemented on the Switch
Quality of life progress
- Hooked up rumble system for gamepad
- Got all of the text in the game localized and implemented
- All stages now have music tracks!
- Designed a new UI screen and some buttons
- All art for Stage 4 is now done
- Environment art for final stage is done
- Item art for final stage is 75% done
- All views outside windows across the game are done
- Credits sequence fully implemented
- Made a bunch of changes to items and environments based on feedback from internal playtests
- Added some secret unannounced features………ssh!
Have you been keeping an eye out on our social media pages too? We’ve been having a ton of fun with the community!
Pick a Chick
Twitter winner: Chick 4!
Discord winner: Chick #1!
Be proud of knowing that you had a hand in making this all happen! And make sure to join our Twitter and Discord for future community events like this.
We also got some great fan art votes! Thank you to @ronjanatt on Twitter for making this amazing cross stitch!
We recently created a TikTok account for all things Unpacking! Please give us a follow there if you’re interested in seeing more Unpacking action.
That’s about it on our end! We’ll keep these monthly updates happening. Can’t wait for you to finally get your hands on the game eventually. Can you believe 2021 is already more than halfway done?
Victoria and the Unpacking team