Based in Brisbane, Australia
May 15, 2013
Press / Business contact:
Witch Beam is a small indie studio based in Brisbane Australia that's committed to creating polished experiences for PC and console. Witch Beam's first release was the critically acclaimed arcade-style action game Assault Android Cactus. They are now developing the very non-arcade style non-action game Unpacking.
Tim Dawson, Sanatana Mishra and Jeff van Dyck first worked together at Sega Studios Australia. Tim and Sanatana left their jobs to pursue independent games development, they contacted Jeff for advice on audio design and he ended up joining the team.
Official Trailer YouTube
Announcement Trailer YouTube
The Indie Mine interview Sanatana at Eurogamer Expo 2013 YouTube
Holmes In Five interview Sanatana at PAX Aus 2013 YouTube
PgGeist interviews Sanatana at PAX Aus 2013 YouTube
Assault Android Cactus on a 4K wall screen at SMPTE 2013 YouTube
There are far more images available for Witch Beam, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner of Best Action Game in the Intel Level Up demo contest" - Assault Android Cactus, August 2013
- "Selected for the Eurogamer Expo 2013 Indie Games Arcade" - Assault Android Cactus, August 2013
- "Six Indie Games You Need To Know About (Games.on.net)" - Assault Android Cactus, July 2013
- "10 Awesome Aussie Indie Games You Need to See (IGN AU)" - Assault Android Cactus, July 2013
- "It’s like a dancefloor laser massacre, and you’re Lady Gaga. Greenlight this f**ker right now."
- Cara Ellison, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Assault Android Cactus is a brilliantly conceived, masterfully designed bullet hell joy pit of fun"
- Ben Kuchera, The Penny Arcade Report
- "Assault Android Cactus is a freakishly relentless twin-stick shooter that’s as finely tuned as Usain Bolt’s calf muscles."
- Lucy O'Brien, IGN AU
- "it’ll be a crime if this one doesn’t get approved"
- Junglist, Kotaku
Assault Android Cactus Developent Blog
check out the Assault Android Cactus open development blog http:.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Artist, Programmer, Designer
Jeff van Dyck
Composer, Audio Director
Art Director, Designer
Assault Android Cactus Inquiries
Assault Android Cactus Twitter
Assault Android Cactus Facebook